General Course Information
- Registration is at 8:30 am with instruction beginning at 9:00 am.
- Please read the schedule carefully.
- Instruction continues until the end of the day.
- Please make travel arrangements accordingly.
- Please bring LAB clothes to all courses.
- Type of clothing will be detailed in your confirmation.
- We supply breakfast, coffee and an afternoon snack.
- You are responsible for your lunch which you can bring and store in the refrigerator.
- There is a microwave and water available.
- No course will have over 30 participants.
- Most have 20-24 and offer LAB or praciticum with children.
- You will definitely leave with clinically relevant information.
- All courses are approved by the IL Physical and
- Occupational Therapy Association for CEUs. Also, EI Credits are always requested.
Hotels, Transportation & Fun
O’Hare airport is approximately 5 miles (Midway is approximately 20 miles) from City Kids, Inc. and more convenient to and from the following hotels. However, they require a car to commute. We recommend mapquest.com for directions from the listed hotels to City Kids. Listed below are the numbers and websites for the trains and buses (CTA) in Chicago. We encourage using these resources to get specific information on using public transportation to get to City Kids, Inc.
1201 E. Touhy,
Des Plaines, IL 60018
$75 to $115/night
5300 W. Touhy
Skokie IL 60077
$130 to $150/night
8101 West Higgins Rd
Chicago, IL 60631
$140 to $150/night
THE CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY
The Chicago Transit Authority is a great system in Chicago. It is a collection of buses and trains that go all around the city.
Call (312) 836-7000 / (800) 968-7282 or www.transitchicago.com
for help getting around Chicago
The blue line train can be reached from the city or from O’Hare. Take the blue line to the JEFFERSON PARK stop. Take the 68 BUS on Northwest Highway heading northwest. Take the bus to Mobile Street. Our building is 5669 N. Northwest Highway. There is a big sign on the side of the building.